With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, we’re all planning how to make it extra special for our loved ones. Along with flowers and gifts, baking a delightful cake for your partner is guaranteed to hit the right chord. Here’s an easy-to-make, yummy Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake, a recommendation by Chef Kunal Kapoor. Also explore a variety of toppings to make it look oh-so-pretty.
Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake
A dry fruit cake adds a burst of flavour and is unique in taste.
- 2 ¼ cup of fine-grained Sugar
- 3½ tablespoons of Honey
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup of Saffola Gold Oil
- 1 cup of Candied fruits
- ½ cup of chopped Dry fruits (Pistachio, Almond, Cashew)
- ½ tablespoon of Baking Soda
- 1½ cup of Milk
- 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 4½ cups of All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- Icing Sugar
- Few Cherries
- Few Mint leaves or a sprig of Mint
Preparation time: 1 hour
Steps to follow
- Set to pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius for around 40 minutes
- Use a hand blender to whisk sugar, honey, vanilla and Saffola Gold oil for 3 minutes on medium speed
- Add the candied fruits, dry fruits, baking powder, baking soda and milk to the mixture
- Keep rotating the mixture with a spatula while slowly adding flour or maida to it
- Keep mixing the batter until it reaches a smooth consistency and there are no visible lumps of flour in it
- Line the cake mould with butter paper and pour the batter into the mould
- Place the mould in the preheated oven and bake for around 40 minutes
- Once the cake is ready, take it out of the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes
- Then upturn the mould on a cooling rack and remove the cake from the mould
- Allow the cake to cool completely and garnish it to reflect the theme of Valentine’s Days
To create a perfect heart-shaped cake, you don’t need to invest in a fancy baking mould. Simply use a square and a round mould to achieve the desired shape.
Prepare a fluffy frosting by beating cream cheese, butter and sugar using an electric blender. Place the square cake on a baking rake, orienting it like a diamond and cut the round cake in half. Apply frosting to stick the round halves onto two sides of the square cake to make a heart. Cover up the heart-shaped cake with frosting and your choice of toppings. Decorate the cake creatively with a variety of options including fresh fruits and berries, candy and sprinkles, and many more for a visual treat.
Fresh Fruit and berries
Enhance your cake by topping it with a mix of fresh fruits and berries. Slice them, cut them into fancy shapes, or keep them whole for a colourful display.
Elevate your cake display with a selection of colourful macarons. Pick your sweetheart’s favourite flavours and arrange them in a unique pattern on top of the cake, adding a touch of luxury and sophistication to your Valentine’s Day celebration.
Candy and Sprinkles
A cake decorated with candy and sprinkles is a sure-shot winner for all the gummy bears and gems lovers.
Use this moment to indulge the inner child of your loved ones by arranging a variety of candies and sprinkles in different colours on top of the cake. This will not only add a burst of colour to the celebration but also create a delightful treat for both the eyes and taste buds.
If your loved one is an Oreo fan, then elevate the Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake by generously decorating it with Oreo biscuits and crumbles. It’s a delightful addition that’s sure to resonate with the Oreo lover in your life, making the cake an even more special and indulgent treat.
Chopped nuts or Coconut flakes
Topping the cake with chopped nuts or coconut flakes brings in a crunchy and flavourful touch. You can sprinkle roasted and chopped almonds, walnuts, pistachios or cashews to add texture to the cake.
Similarly, if your loved one enjoys coconut, sprinkle and garnish the cake with shredded coconut flakes for a delightful treat.