Tata Motors repositions Nexon EV portfolio with aggressive pricing; enhances range of MAX variants to 453 kms
Passes benefits accrued with smart engineering and enhanced localization to customers
- Nexon EV Range now repositioned to start at an attractive price of Rs. 14.49 lakh
- Nexon EV MAX range repositioned to start at Rs. 16.49L with New feature packed, Nexon EV MAX XM variant.
- Nexon EV MAX certified range enhanced to 453 kms, current users to avail enhancement through software update from February 15, 2023
Bengaluru, January 18, 2023: Celebrating three years of the Nexon EV launch in India, Tata Motors, India’s leading automobile manufacturer today announced the repositioning of India’s #1 EV Nexon EV portfolio, with changes in pricing and enhanced range.
- With insights gathered on driving and usage patterns, the range of the Nexon EV MAX variants have been enhanced to 453* km (MIDC), from January 25, 2023, onwards. This range enhancement will be offered to current Nexon EV MAX owners through a software upgrade, at dealerships, from February 15, 2023.
- The Company today launched a feature packed Nexon EV MAX XM trim in the portfolio. At an attractive price of INR 16.49 lakh, this variant will come equipped with Electronic Parking Brake, Automatic Climate control, Electronic Stability Program (ESP ®) with i-VBAC, Projector Headlamps with LED DRLs and LED tail lamps, Push Button Start, Digital TFT Instrument Cluster, ZConnect Connected Car tech with Smartwatch Connectivity and Rear Disc Brakes.
- The top end trim, Nexon EV MAX XZ+ Lux has been repriced at INR 18.49 lakh. In addition to the features of the XM, it comes with Leatherette Seats with Ventilation, Wireless Smartphone Charger, Auto Dimming IRVM, Cabin Air Purifier, Electric Sunroof, 17.78 cm Floating Infotainment system by HARMAN with 8 speakers, 16-inch Alloy wheels, Hill Descent Control, Sharkfin Antenna etc.
- Nexon EV Prime XM which comes with features like the Projector headlamps and LED DRLs, Push Button Start, Digital TFT Instrument Cluster, Cruise Control, ZConnect Connected Car tech with Smartwatch Connectivity, Harman infotainment system, Automatic climate control, has now been repositioned at INR 14.49 lakh.
Bookings for the entire Nexon EV Line-up is open immediately. Deliveries of the new variant, Nexon EV MAX XM will commence from April 2023 onwards.
Commenting on the rejig in the Nexon EV portfolio, Mr. Vivek Srivatsa, Head- Marketing, Sales and Service Strategy, Tata Passenger Electric Mobility Ltd., said, “India’s #1 EV, Nexon EV has completed its third successful year. It is loved and trusted by over 40,000 customers and it has been driven over 600 million kilometres. On this occasion, we are committed to making sustainable transportation accessible to everyone, and this repositioning is a big step in that direction. Our smart engineering and government incentives have allowed us to achieve this disruption, maintaining the same high level of quality and service, our customers expect from us. With this, we are confident that more and more customers will make the switch to e-mobility.”
|Model||Variant||Battery Pack||Charger option||Price in INR Lakh|
|Nexon EV Prime||XM||30.2 kWh||3.3kw||14.49|
|Nexon EV MAX||XM||40.5 kWh||3.3 kW||16.49|
Through the implementation of cutting-edge technology and innovative engineering techniques, Tata Motors has been able to streamline production processes and increase efficiency. In addition, due to localisation, the company has been able to take advantage of Government Production Linked incentives schemes designed to promote the adoption of sustainable and environmentally friendly transportation. These initiatives have resulted in cost savings, which have been passed on to customers in the form of price reduction.
Powered by the high voltage state-of-the-art ZIPTRON technology, the Nexon EV comes with IP67 rated weather-proof and dust proof battery pack and motor comes with a warranty of 8 years or 160,000 km, offering complete peace of mind. Key features like DC fast charging, 4-Level Multi-Mode Regen, Customizable Single Pedal Driving, ZConnect Connected Car Technology as standard, Cruise Control, Fully Automatic Climate Control, i-TPMS, Leatherette seats and Branded Infotainment system by HARMAN are offered across the line-up.
Tata Motors continuously analyses data points on driving behaviour to optimize features and range both for new and current customers. To further support faster adoption, the Company is also committed to building a comprehensive charging infrastructure and providing exceptional customer service to support EV owners.