According to the National Weather Forecasting Centre/Regional Meteorological Centre, New Delhi of the India Meteorological Department (IMD):
Current Meteorological Conditions
· A trough runs from north Punjab to northwest Bay of Bengal at lower tropospheric levels. Its eastern end is very likely to shift northward from 24th June, 2020.
· Convergence of strong moist southerlies/southwesterlies winds from the Bay of Bengal over northeast & adjoining east India is very likely during next 5 days.
· With the above favourable scenario, the enhanced rainfall activity is likely over the northeastern states from 24th June onwards.
Forecast & Warnings
· Light to moderate widespread rainfall is very likely over Bihar, Sub-Himalayan West Bengal &Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura during next 5 days.
· Isolated heavy to very heavy falls very likely over Bihar during 24th to 26th June, Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura during 22nd to 26th June 2020. Isolated heavy to very heavy rainfall with extremely heavy falls also likely over Sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Assam & Meghalaya during 22nd to 26th June 2020.