30 July 2020
Environmental Impact Assessment
- TERI Study on Air Quality & Noise Level: Recording of data at already installed analysers and sample
collection for monitoring of air quality and noise level are in progress.
- TERI study on Bioremediation of Sludge: Clearing of site prior to bio remediation in wetland areas is
being carried out. Site preparations for ex/in-situ bio remediation job in affected areas are in progress.
- CSIR-NEIST Seismological Study: Seismological recording carried out by CSIR-NEIST has been
completed. Data is being analysed for submission of final report. Other Geo-Physical monitoring is being
continued by CSIR- NEIST.
- IIT- Guwahati Study on Thermal Mapping & Sonic Measurement: Interpretation of the collected data will
be carried out using specialized software at IIT Guwahati and the report will be submitted soon.
Preparation for Capping the Well
- Final Preparation for Capping Operation: The scheduled dummy run of the BOP stack with all the heavy
equipment was initiated yesterday. However, considering all aspects, it was decided to trim down the
BOP stack by removing one of the spacer spools which is expected to reduce some weight. Also,
extra counter weight is being added to the Athey wagon which will assist in lifting and transferring the BOP
and finally placing the same on the well head. A Drilling crew was deployed in night shift to modify the BOP
stack as per operational requirement. The modification of BOP stack has been completed and successfully
tested at the time of reporting.
- Final Preparation for Killing Operation: Well Killing fluid is ready at site.
- Water Deluge System: All six numbers of High Discharge CMT Water Pumps are operational at site for
spraying water to the well head during the operation. Total 8 nos. of water pumps are available for filling
both the water reservoirs periodically.
Relief and Rehabilitation
- Survey for Damage Assessment: Survey for assessment of damage for compensation in both
Doomdooma and Tinsukia Circle is in progress. Number of families surveyed in Doomdooma and Tinsukia
Circle till 29.07.2020 are 596 and 1837 respectively. Total number of families surveyed till 29.07.2020 both
combined in Doomdooma and Tinsukia Circle is 2433.
Law and Order/Bandhs/Blockades etc.
- Closure of Wells: Production still continues to be affected due to forceful closure of few Oil & Gas wells
connected to Baghjan EPS.
- Blockade at Drilling/Workover Locations: Drilling and workover operation still continue to be affected due
to forceful closure of operation at few of the locations.
Impact on Oil/Gas Production due to Protests by Locals
- Due to stoppage/blockades of several producing wells, there was production loss of 554 MT of Crude Oil
and 1.52 MMSCM of Natural Gas as reported on 29-07-2020. Cumulative production loss since 27th May,
2020 due to bandhs and blockades: 18200 MT Crude oil, 43.35 MMSCM of natural gas.