Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched UPI-based digital payment app BHIM. The app is aimed at encouraging digital transactions and increase participation of people in Lucky Grahak Yojana (For retail consumers) and in Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana (For small businesses).
sers can send and receive money instantly using this app. It also enables a user to pay and receive money by scanning QR code. All payment on the app are done using secured network of Unified Payment Interface and the money gets credited into your bank account instantly 24×7, as claimed in the app’s description. Here is how to use the BHIM app:
First, you have to download the app from Google play store or from the following link:
Once installed, follow the below said procedure to activate the app:
* As you open the app, it will prompt you to chose your language – Hindi/English.
* Chose your language and click next
* It will ask for access to phone’s SMS and phone’s state to verify it with UPI
* Next it will ask for permission to allow the app to make and manage phone calls
* Then it will prompt for allowing the app to send and view SMS messages
Once given these permissions, the app will ask you to select your SIM card, in case of dual-SIM smartphone, (Users are advised to choose the SIM/Mobile number registered/linked with Bank accounts)
* The app will send an SMS using your SIM to verify the app (Re 1 will be charged for this)
* Once verified, it will ask you to chose your 4-digit UPI pin code/passcode
* After passcode input, you can choose your bank from 31 listed banks. Below is the list of banks:
Bank Of Baroda
Bank Of Maharashtra
Catholic Syrian Bank
Central Bank Of India
Indian Overseas Bank
Karur Vysya Bank
Kotak Mahindra Bank
Punjab National Bank
South Indian Bank
Standard Chartered Bank
State Bank Of India
Union Bank Of India
United Bank Of India
*After choosing your bank, input your account number or if available in your SMS box, it will automatically detect it.
* Then it will show a screen with options – Send, Request and Scan and Pay.
This means you have successfully set up the app and it is now ready to use.
You can also view your profile, records of transactions and by clicking on Bank Account option, you can reset or change your UPI pin. By clicking on three dots on right top corner, you can change your bank account if you wish to switch to another account from the current one.